Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Heart Trapped

Heart Trapped

Revelation 9: 20 The rest of the human race, all those who had not been killed by these plagues, did not turn away from what they themselves had made. They did not stop worshiping demons, nor the idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see, hear, or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic, their sexual immorality, or their stealing.

 

============

 

“Do not pour grease in the sink” was the warning I received. For a while I heeded the warning. But one day, I questioned it. “Perhaps if I run some hot water with the grease, then it will be okay to pour it in the sink” was my rational thought. I did this for a while and not only clogged the sink, but I clogged the grease trap.

 

  • I did not want to believe the warning.
  • I could have avoided unnecessary problems.
  • I had to look inside of a smelly disgusting grease trap that held months of rancid, foul looking grease that would not allow anything good to pass through it.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, continued his description of what he saw after the sixth angel blew his trumpet. Horrible plagues were shown and a third of humans died, yet the remaining inhabitants of the earth would not turn away from “what they themselves had made”, namely idols and blatant sin.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD sees my blatant sin and warns me to “stop.”
  • The heart is desperately wicked and makes me want to leave GOD and blame HIM for HIS strict ways.
  • Knowing what GOD wants requires me to surrender my desires so I can be successful in GOD’s eyes, not human’s.

 

Being willing to let go of something that is bad for me is not easy. I mean, when my heart has rationalized that my sin should be justified or overlooked, then I find myself on the wrong side of GOD. HE literally cannot stand it when I take matters in my own hands versus allowing HIM to be GOD in my life.

 

GOD must be GOD. HE does not want me to place anything or anyone over HIM. HE wants me to surrender my life to HIM so I can relinquish the sin that stirs HIS anger. GOD is forgiving, and HE wants me to be forgiving too. Sin, blinds me from that forgiveness. I must turn to HIM so HE can heal my land.

 

Challenge

  • What heart is the writer trying to convey?
  • Have you ever blatantly did something wrong and were unwilling to change?
  • Will you seek GOD’s love by being willing to let go of your ways and allow HIM to live inside your heart to guide you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment