Friday, July 19, 2024

Powerful Numbers

Powerful Numbers

Revelation 11: I was then given a stick that looked like a measuring-rod, and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who are worshiping in the temple. But do not measure the outer courts, because they have been given to the heathen, who will trample on the Holy City for forty-two months. I will send my two witnesses dressed in sackcloth, and they will proclaim God's message during those 1, 260 days.”

 

============

 

“There is strength in numbers” I was taught. I sought crowds of people that had large numbers. But there were times when I was with a lot of people and felt more alone than if I were with a smaller crowd. “Maybe I have this numbers thing wrong” I thought to myself.

 

  • I thought “more” was better.
  • I thought that if I did not have large numbers, then it was not valuable.
  • I feared not having large numbers, causing me to waiver in things GOD told me to do.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, was given a measuring stick. The voice, perhaps JESUS, told him to measure the temple and to number those who were inside worshiping. Then the voice said “two witnesses” would be sent to proclaim GOD’s message.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is so powerful that HE only needs small numbers to do mighty things.
  • GOD seems more comfortable using two versus two million.
  • GOD is aware of the number of hairs on your head and is concerned about that, especially those who do not have hair.

 

There is power in small numbers. I mean, when a tow truck lifts a car off of someone, it would not make the news, but when one person is given strength to lift that same car off of his or her child, that act makes the news. GOD seems to delight in amazing things that happen in small numbers.

 

HE whittled down Gideon's army from thousands to hundreds and frightened the Philistine nation with David’s one rock. GOD uses the supernatural to take care of big problems. HE does not need more than enough.

 

Challenge

  • What instructions is the writer given?
  • Why do you think GOD revealed certain numbers?
  • If you are concerned with amounts of money, or people or sizes, then could you give it to GOD who has the power to address your concerns with small numbers rather than what you may think?

No comments:

Post a Comment