Monday, July 22, 2024

No Opposition

No Opposition

Revelation 11: The two witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lamps that stand before the Lord of the earth. If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes out of their mouths and destroys their enemies; and in this way whoever tries to harm them will be killed. They have authority to shut up the sky so that there will be no rain during the time they proclaim God's message. They have authority also over the springs of water, to turn them into blood; they have authority also to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they wish.

 

============

 

Trying to watch a TV show, I got my food ready because I did not want to miss a moment. Just when it got to the “good part”, the doorbell rang. “Would you like to buy my stuff?” was the unimportant interruption. I got back to my program and an important moment had passed.

 

  • I was interrupted.
  • The salesperson was trying to get me to hear a different message than the one I wanted to hear.
  • My peace was opposed.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw the two witnesses of the “LORD of the earth.” They will be sent to “proclaim GOD’s message.” Any opposition to this message will be met with severe retaliation, leading to destruction.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD gave the two witnesses the authority to speak on HIS behalf.
  • GOD also gave the two witnesses the authority over earth, water and fire.
  • GOD’s message is so important that human messages will not oppose HIM.

 

No message will oppose GOD’s message. I mean, in these days of bad news, political posturing, and overt or covert hyper-individualism GOD’s message of love can be lost. To some humans, HE can be viewed as a weakling, who allows bad things and randomly gives the lottery to people. BUT GOD sees all hearts.

 

GOD is patient versus weak. Unfortunately one day, HIS patience will end on the Day the LORD returns. HE told us what HE would do and it is up to us to heed HIS warning. The Gospel is available for anyone to accept, right now.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer trying to describe?
  • Have you ever tried to hear an important message and were interrupted?
  • Will you seek to understand that GOD is trying to reach many people and is being patient, so while HE is, will you proclaim HIS message today?

No comments:

Post a Comment