Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Light and Feeling Good

Light and Feeling Good

Revelation 16: 10 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast. Darkness fell over the beast's kingdom, and people bit their tongues because of their pain, 11 and they cursed the God of heaven for their pains and sores. But they did not turn from their evil ways.

 

============

 

After saying the words “Rain, rain, go away, come again another day” I looked outside to see if it worked. It seemed to rain harder. There would be no outside activity that day.

 

  • I placed my hope in a song.
  • I thought I could control the weather by saying some words.
  • I really wanted “my” way so I placed my hope in something that I thought would get “my” way.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw the fifth angel pour out the fifth bowl filled with GOD’s anger. The beast, who got his power from Satan, had established a throne and had claimed to take over the world. This bowl caused darkness, more pain and sores. The people knew this plague was from GOD, yet they refused to turn from their evil ways.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS is light and wants me to take HIS light into a dark world.
  • JESUS is life and wants me to be salt to spread HIS life.
  • JESUS is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and wants me to bring people to HIS one and only path.

 

To avoid darkness, pain and sores, there is only one road, JESUS. I mean, I may have problems, pain and persecution right now, but they will not match what will come when GOD’s full anger is poured out. BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

For those who believe in JESUS as the Savior from GOD’s anger, HE will provide light, no more pain and no more suffering. HE will keep every word HE has spoken and HE promises believers will live in light with HIM forever. This calls for endurance. I gladly endure!

 

Challenge

  • What message was the writer conveying that was similar to the verses before this one?
  • Have you ever been stubborn and refused to change your ways, knowing GOD would heal you?
  • If you find yourself unable, or unwilling to change for GOD, will you ask HIM to help you in the areas of your life you refuse to surrender to HIM, so HE will guide you to light and no pain today?

No comments:

Post a Comment