Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Amazing Praise


Acts 16: 22 The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23 After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24 When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.

25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. 27 The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!”

============

Worried about the situation, I missed many hours of sleep. What would the future bring? Would the problem come up again? Would the people who caused the problem get away with their hatred? All of these questions popped in my mind and I could not answer one of them.

  • There were times when I got worried.
  • There were times when people caused problems for me.
  • There were times when the situation seemed like there was no way out.


Paul and Silas received a horrible beating for speaking about JESUS. After being jailed, they began to sing praises to GOD. This comforted the prisoners around them. Paul and Silas had no idea what would come next. GOD shook the jail with an earthquake and opened all the doors and their chains. Their praise enabled them to desire no harm to come to the jailer.

  • GOD loves when I use praise instead of worry.
  • GOD loves when I use praise as a weapon against fear, doubt and worry.
  • GOD loves when I use praise in situations that seem hopeless to me.


Praise has some amazing effects that I do not understand. I mean it seems like “I” should have all the solutions or should rely on other humans to provide answers. GOD loves when I simply praise HIM without expectations. This shows HIM that I know HE has the situation under control.

When I am scared, worried, angry, frustrated, blamed or persecuted, the HOLY SPIRIT enables me to praise GOD. I am grateful GOD provides relief through praise.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Is someone harming you because of your relationship with JESUS?
  • Will you sing praises to GOD without expectations, knowing HE went though persecution just like you?


No comments:

Post a Comment