Thursday, August 27, 2020

Exiled and Evacuated


Exiled and Evacuated
Acts 18: After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them. Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

============

After the devastation of the hurricane, all that was left of some neighborhoods was a memory. Homes were washed away as the levies broke and floods ensued. Later I went to assist in the repair. It would take over a decade to provide shelter for those who lost their homes.

  • I have seen cities that have been torn up.
  • I have seen cities that have been devastated.
  • I have met people who lost everything they had, with no means to recover.


Paul met Aquila and Priscilla in Corinth. They were exiled because Claudius was tired of the squabbles the Jews were making over JESUS. Claudius exiled all the Jews, prominent and lesser known. They were now homeless. Paul went to help them.

  • GOD wants me to help the homeless.
  • GOD wants me to help repair the devastation.
  • GOD wants me to help those who have been exiled, left out and forgotten.


Any help is welcome when people lose everything. I mean even a cup of water feels great when no water is available. GOD sees my efforts when I assist people in need. While it can sometimes be overwhelming, GOD wants me to serve one person at a time with what I can contribute. Even if it is a smile, GOD can bless the recipient. I am glad to serve.

  • Are you willing to serve those who lost everything?
  • Are you shielded from seeing the homeless by giving to a gathering who gives to an organization who may give to the homeless?
  • Will you directly help those who are in need today?


No comments:

Post a Comment