Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Noble Character


Acts 17: 10 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

============

“We checked your references and what you said was true” the hiring manager told me. Although I had told them the truth and they were excited to have me on board, they wanted to make sure I really had performed the things I claimed to do.

  • Many times I have had background checks.
  • Many times I have had my actions questioned.
  • Many times I have had to prove what I was saying was true.


Paul and Silas spoke to the Berean Jews, who were of more noble character than those at Thessalonica. While they were excited about what Paul and Silas preached, they check the Scriptures every day to see if what they spoke was true. This resulted in many people believing in JESUS as their Savior.

  • GOD wants me to speak the truth about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to receive the message from HIS messengers with eagerness.
  • GOD wants me to check the Scriptures to be sure the messenger is telling the truth.


Noble character means living by the truth. When someone claims to speak about JESUS, they should not mind if someone says “wait a minute… let me check the Scriptures to see if what you are saying is true.

GOD wants me to validate what I am saying by using the Scriptures, avoiding twisting the meaning to make it say something that gives me personal gain. I am glad GOD gave the scriptures so I can speak the truth.

  • Are you mad because someone checked up on what you are saying?
  • Did you speak the truth?
  • Will you be excited about what you hear about JESUS and check the Scriptures for yourself to make sure the messenger is speaking the truth?


No comments:

Post a Comment