Monday, August 17, 2020

Blamed


Acts 17: But other Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason’s house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd. But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other believers before the city officials, shouting: “These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here, and Jason has welcomed them into his house. They are all defying Caesar’s decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus.” When they heard this, the crowd and the city officials were thrown into turmoil. Then they made Jason and the others post bond and let them go.

============

Confused by the questions I asked “What is going on?” A group of people were stirring up anger at work and were not thinking rationally, rather they were acting with strong emotion. They wanted to vent their frustrations and decided to take them out on me.

  • There have been times when I have been blamed.
  • There have been times when I have been deemed guilty by association.
  • There have been times when I have been confused because people were angry with me because I supported someone else.


Jason and other believers were dragged before the city officials by angry Jews. The angry mob did not believe JESUS was and is King of kings and Lord of lords. They made Jason and the believers post bond. They were blamed in public.

  • GOD knows when people blame me because of my relationship with HIM.
  • GOD expects me to be persecuted because of my relationship with JESUS.
  • GOD understands my confusion when I am blamed and gives me peace beyond all understanding.


Being blamed or persecuted is never fun. No one wants to be the recipient of persecution, especially from an angry mob. BUT GOD knows this will happen to those who truly believe in the LORD.

JESUS said “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for MY sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” I do not like the blame but I endure it by looking forward to GOD’s reward.

  • Are you being blamed?
  • Are you being persecuted because of your relationship with JESUS.
  • Will you hold onto the peace, provided by the HOLY SPIRIT, that surpasses all understanding today?

No comments:

Post a Comment