Thursday, August 13, 2020

Reasoning


Acts 17: When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said. Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few prominent women.

============

“This doesn’t make sense” I said. I was struggling to understand the concept and was stuck on a couple of minor details. When someone explained the concepts, without using technical terms, I understood what was being taught. I understood the reason we were doing what we were doing.

  • There are times when I don’t understand.
  • There are times when I get stuck on minor concepts.
  • There are times when I need someone to explain some things I get stuck on.


Paul reasoned with the people about JESUS for three weeks. He pointed out that the Messiah is JESUS, who had to suffer and rise from the dead. After appealing to their logic, many people believed. Paul was able to explain JESUS well enough that people sought HIM.

  • GOD wants me to logically believe in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS love for me.
  • GOD wants me to be able to explain who JESUS is.


Talking about JESUS can be an emotional subject. I mean HE is pure love and showed me compassion. But there is a logical side to GOD. HE created humans with free will to choose HIM or not. It took me a while to grasp the logic behind HIS creation.

While I don’t fully understand everything GOD does, HE supplies me with faith to hop over the gaps in knowledge. Faith is logical and I reason to believe in JESUS.

  • Are you reasoning GOD out of your life?
  • Do you look at things logically without seeing GOD in everything?
  • Will you use your reasoning to understand GOD’s love for you as you seek a better understanding by reading about JESUS in HIS word?


No comments:

Post a Comment