Monday, August 31, 2020

Prepared for You


Acts 18: One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10 For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” 11 So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

============

“But I’m not a pastor” I said to the group. They were asking me to speak to a group of people in the country we were in at the time. One person said to me “I walked twenty miles to hear you speak.” I was thoroughly intimidated by those words. I spoke and many gave their life to CHRIST.

  • There have been times when I was afraid to speak.
  • There have been times when I felt overwhelmed by the crowd.
  • There have been times when I saw a large crowd that I had to speak to and got nervous.


Paul had faced turmoil in many cities. One night the LORD spoke to him saying “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” This was a relief to Paul, so he stayed longer.

  • GOD wants me to hear HIM say “Do not be afraid.”
  • GOD wants me to hear HIM say “Keep on speaking.”
  • GOD wants me to hear HIM say “Do not be silent.”


Sometimes GOD’s plan can seem quite intimidating, especially when I have tried and seemed to fail over and over. BUT GOD says different. HE sends me to places where there are plenty of hungry people willing to listen to HIS word. I will keep on speaking, thanks to the LORD’s encouragement.

  • Are you stuck?
  • Are you too scared or intimidated to speak about JESUS?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to open your heart and your mouth so you can speak about HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment