Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Significance


Acts 18: 12 While Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews of Corinth made a united attack on Paul and brought him to the place of judgment. 13 “This man,” they charged, “is persuading the people to worship God in ways contrary to the law.”

14 Just as Paul was about to speak, Gallio said to them, “If you Jews were making a complaint about some misdemeanor or serious crime, it would be reasonable for me to listen to you. 15 But since it involves questions about words and names and your own law—settle the matter yourselves. I will not be a judge of such things.” 16 So he drove them off. 17 Then the crowd there turned on Sosthenes the synagogue leader and beat him in front of the proconsul; and Gallio showed no concern whatever.

============

“He’s not playing right!” I protested. I mean, everyone knows you are supposed to put the blocks in the dump truck, then dump them on the floor and start over. This person wanted to kick the blocks. What sense did that make? The teacher came over and listened to both of us.

  • There have been people in my life who listened to me.
  • There have been people in my life who did not trivialize what I was saying.
  • There have been people in my life who treated my concerns as significant.


Gallio was proconsul, so the Jews brought Paul to him in an accusatory way. Gallio scoffed at their anger over Paul’s confession that JESUS was and is GOD. He felt their argument was insignificant so he said “Settle the matter yourselves.”

  • GOD wants me to stand firm on my faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is the Most High.
  • GOD wants me to speak about JESUS being the most significant choice of life.


Significance in GOD has been watered down by the world. The enemy’s tactic is to fool humans to seek significance within themselves. BUT GOD wants something different. GOD wants me to have unstoppable purpose that teaches people about JESUS.

People may scoff at the name of JESUS, but I know that by believing in HIM, even speaking HIS name brings power beyond measure. HIS word does not go out void, rather it will prosper and accomplish what it was intended to do. My significance is through JESUS, who is the Most High.

  • Are you seeking to make a name of yourself?
  • Do you shy away from speaking the name of JESUS?
  • Will you open your mouth and profess JESUS as LORD so people can believe in HIS Word today?


No comments:

Post a Comment