Friday, September 4, 2020

I Don’t Know That But I Know This


Acts 18: 24 Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

27 When Apollos wanted to go to Achaia, the brothers and sisters encouraged him and wrote to the disciples there to welcome him. When he arrived, he was a great help to those who by grace had believed. 28 For he vigorously refuted his Jewish opponents in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Messiah.

============

When a question was asked that I did not know, I got nervous and tried to think of an answer. I was presenting in front of a few hundred people and felt I needed to have all the answers. The audience quickly lost interest as I gave an opinion versus fact.

  • There was a time when I thought I could have all the answers.
  • There was a time when I thought I could handle any problem thrown at me.
  • There was a time when I presented information that I was not fully aware of.


Apollos knew the Scriptures very well, but was only taught a little about JESUS. He spoke as accurately as he could about JESUS with “fervor.” Priscilla and Aquila heard him. They had spent a lot of time with Paul and learned a lot about JESUS. They volunteered to help Apollos learn more about the Messiah.

  • GOD wants me to speak what I know about HIM with fervor.
  • GOD wants me to be brave enough to say “I don’t know, but this is what I believe.”
  • GOD wants me to say “I believe JESUS died for my sins and HE was raised from the dead, giving me eternal life.”


Some people are gifted at arguing about JESUS, others simply say “I just believe.” GOD wants me to open my mouth and tell people about my belief in HIM. The HOLY SPIRIT will give me the right words at the right time. I may not be able to answer questions thrown at me about life, but I know JESUS is the answer to everything.

  • Are you trying to be the “answer person?”
  • Do you judge people based on their knowledge?
  • Will you open your mouth to your belief in JESUS, even though you may not know the Scriptures to support your belief?


No comments:

Post a Comment