Thursday, September 24, 2020

Resilience Boot Camp


Acts 20: 17 From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church. 18 When they arrived, he said to them: “You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

============

“Maybe I am a weakling” I said to myself after doing a disappointing number of pushups. Well at least in my mind the number was disappointing. I could not lift as much weight as the “strong” people in the gym and when people commented on how skinny I was, it seemed to cut to the bone.

  • There were times when I thought I was not as good as those people over there.
  • There were times when I thought my body, hair and skin was wrong.
  • There were times when I thought I was inadequate for most things.


Paul sent for the elders of Ephesus after passing it on his way to Jerusalem. When they arrived, he explained what he went through. He told them about the difficult times he had while preaching about JESUS. He also stated he did not stop.

  • GOD wants me to live my life for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to dwell on JESUS being the solution rather than repeating the problem over and over.
  • GOD wants me to serve the LORD with great humility so I can survive severe testing and be bold to publicly teach about JESUS to all races.


Going through difficulties is never ever fun. BUT GOD loves when I grow up to expect difficulties in life. HE also loves when I keep preaching about HIM even when it is not popular or welcome. HE knows I will face opposition when I speak about HIS love. I am grateful HE protects me in spite of the enemy’s attacks. In HIM I am more than adequate, I am a child of GOD.

  • Are you going through a difficult time?
  • Are you depending on support from people who “like” your words, but could care less about your eternal life?
  • Will you stop chasing human approval and seek GOD as your life’s purpose, speaking and teaching JESUS as the Savior today?

No comments:

Post a Comment