Monday, September 14, 2020

Driven


Acts 19: 21 After all this had happened, Paul decided to go to Jerusalem, passing through Macedonia and Achaia. “After I have been there,” he said, “I must visit Rome also.” 22 He sent two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, to Macedonia, while he stayed in the province of Asia a little longer.

============

Wanting to be better, I took class after class after class. I read about areas where I felt I was deficient. When I felt I was ready, I mustered up the confidence to ask for certain positions that allowed me to rise to higher levels. I did what it took to make things happen.

  • There were times when I worked extremely hard to achieve “my” goal.
  • There were times when I studied hard to fully understand how to reach “my” goal.
  • There were times when I felt I just had to do something to satisfy “my” goal.


Paul traveled all over, spreading the gospel of JESUS. He felt led to also go to Rome. He knew this was going to be a very difficult place so he prepared himself and sent two of his younger helpers away to another location. He was driven to speak the truth about JESUS.

  • GOD wants me to be ready to speak about JESUS at a moment’s notice.
  • GOD wants me to be brave enough to speak about JESUS, not just imply HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be prepared to speak about my relationship with JESUS as often as I can.


When JESUS placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me, HE did not mean for me to remain silent and hide what HE did for me. HE wants me to speak about HIM, pray with people and show silent examples. Life is all about JESUS. I am grateful HE leads me and allows to speak about HIM.

  • What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Do you think your accomplishment will make you “better?”
  • Will you add telling someone about JESUS to your purpose in life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment