Wednesday, September 9, 2020

VIP

VIP
Acts 19: While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”
They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
“John’s baptism,” they replied.
4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.
============
Being a “handler” was an important role. I had to put a schedule together that included picking up the very important person (VIP) from the airport, feeding him his favorite meal, getting him checked into the hotel and walking him through his itinerary for the remainder of the day. It was going to be a long day.
  • There were times when I dedicated a lot of time for a VIP.
  • There were times when I spent hours preparing for a VIP.
  • There were times when I went over every detail with a group to make sure I was prepared for the VIP.
Paul went to Ephesus and met some disciples. He asked them if they received the HOLY SPIRIT when they believed. “Who?” they implied. Paul explained that by believing in JESUS, they would receive the HOLY SPIRIT. Up until then, they were simply doing good for people as John the Baptist’ message was adhered to strictly.
  • GOD wants me to confess that I need JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to believe in JESUS so I can receive the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to make disciples of JESUS by telling people about HIS power.
Being nice as an example is wonderful, but not enough. According to JESUS, even evil people do nice things. GOD wants the name of JESUS to be spoken without shame. HE then send a VIP to live inside me, namely the HOLY SPIRIT.
This powerful being guides me when I am lost, comforts me when I down and begs for my forgiveness in groans I cannot understand when I am sinful.“ The HOLY SPIRIT deserves to be thanked and prepared for every day. I am grateful JESUS sent me the HOLY SPIRIT to be with me forever.
  • Do you treat people special because of their title or status?
  • Do you follow, admire and prepare for certain VIP’s?
  • Will you take a moment to treat the HOLY SPIRIT with reverence today, knowing JESUS has all authority and sent HIM to live inside you as your guide and comforter?

No comments:

Post a Comment