Thursday, September 10, 2020

Being Known


Acts 19: 11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

============

Traveling with the top executive of the company had its perks. We had a long layover at an airport so we went to an exclusive area where we could wait and eat. When I got to the door they asked me my name. I told her and she replied “I’m sorry, we don’t have your name on our list.” “Oh, he’s with me” the executive said. They let me in. “One day…” I said to myself.

  • There were times when I wanted to be known.
  • There were times when I wanted to be in the club.
  • There were times when I wanted to have a name for myself, not just ride on someone else’s name.


GOD did extraordinary miracles through Paul. Seven sons of Sceva saw Paul’s popularity and tried to fight demons using JESUS’ and Paul’s names. One demon replied, “JESUS I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” Their desire to be known backfired.

  • GOD is pleased with me because I gave my life to HIM.
  • GOD knows me through my relationship with JESUS.
  • GOD has written my name in HIS hand so no one can rip me away from HIS saving grace.


Being known by GOD is the single most important relationship to crave. Celebrities rise and fall, BUT GOD remains forever. Exclusive clubs where humans gather will be torn down as JESUS steps into the picture upon HIS return. Until then, GOD wants me to make HIS name known even if people do not know my name. I am glad JESUS knows me and I know HIM.

  • Are you seeking to make a name for yourself?
  • Do you want to be known by associating your name with a celebrity?
  • Will you stop seeking the spotlight for a moment and allow JESUS to be known through you?


No comments:

Post a Comment