Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Another Route


Acts 19: Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. 10 This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

============

“There is no way to get there” were the sad words. “I’ll take you was my response. The roads were icy so many of them were closed. I tried the normal routes, only to be met with barriers. A thought popped in my head. “Try a route that is slightly unorthodox.” The back roads were open and even more treacherous. After much prayer and passing over 100 overturned trucks and cars, we made it. Now I had to make it home.

  • There were times when it seemed impossible to get to the destination.
  • There were times when it seemed like barriers kept popping up and I would never reach the goal.
  • There were times when I felt like giving up, but was too deep into the journey to stop.


Paul spoke in the synagogue because it seemed like the right place to discuss the Messiah. He tried to reason with the church goers for months, but the crowd became obstinate. Paul and the disciples moved their gathering to a lecture hall where they could speak freely about JESUS being the Messiah. This was a better route.

  • GOD wants me to know there will be barriers to speaking about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand that obstacles will be placed in front of me.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIM to provide another route to bring people to HIM.


Sometimes it feels hopeless, especially when the obstacles pile up all at once. BUT GOD shows HIS great plan and somehow clears the right path for me to follow. Time after time HE has provided when I could see no provision. I am amazed at HIS love.

  • Are you facing an overwhelming number of obstacles?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Will you allow GOD to show you another route so you can see HIS power today?


No comments:

Post a Comment