Thursday, September 3, 2020

Limited Time


Acts 18: 23 After spending some time in Antioch, Paul set out from there and traveled from place to place throughout the region of Galatia and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.

============

After saying the procrastinator’s credo, “I’ll get around to it” I missed another important deadline. “I have got to do better.” I said to myself. I procrastinated visiting people, registering for events and doing things that would help me grow up. When a relative was on her death bed, I vowed to see her. I made it just in time to say “I love you.” I had not talked to her in years.

  • I used to think I had plenty of time.
  • I used to think I could fit everything into my schedule.
  • I used to think I of all the wonderful things I wanted to do, but got overwhelmed or “busy” or “too broke” to do anything.


Paul spent some time in many places speaking about the great news of JESUS. He stayed in some places longer than others when people were receptive to the HOLY SPIRIT. When he was led, he moved on so he could encourage others who professed CHRIST as their LORD and Savior.

  • GOD wants me to know my time on earth is finite.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I have a short time to bear fruit while I am alive.
  • GOD wants me to act like this day is my last, every day.


“What would you do if you knew you had two weeks to live?” someone asked. Would you continue that argument or say I love you? How about GOD? Would you remain silent or tell about the importance of JESUS’ salvation?

Every action I do is worth something to GOD. I mean, when I lie, cheat and steal, those actions are paid for by JESUS needing to die. When I love those HE sends to me or sends me to or even my enemies, GOD values the love action and saves up a reward for me. I am grateful GOD gives me time to celebrate people by giving them the gift of HIS SON.

  • What do you spend your time doing?
  • Are you so busy that you have no time for GOD or for loving those HE needs you to love?
  • Will you take time out of your busy schedule and use words to express the love of JESUS to someone, then go back to being an example for HIM with your actions today?


No comments:

Post a Comment