Tuesday, September 22, 2020

So Much to Say


Acts 20: On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. 10 Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “He’s alive!” 11 Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate. After talking until daylight, he left. 12 The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted.

============

After returning from the day at the amusement park, I was elated. This was my first time visiting the wonderful, fun-filled location. The next day I went over a friend’s house. I had so much to say. Somehow I spoke on the subject for hours because we shared our varied experiences.

  • There have been times when I was so excited about something, that I could speak for hours.
  • There have been times when I sat with a group of people who were just as excited about the thing I was excited about.
  • There have been times when I talked for hours on a subject simply because I was amazed.


Paul was about to leave so a group of people ate with him while he spoke. By now, Paul had been rescued by GOD on many occasions, so he had a lot to say. Eutychus, may have been excited, but was extremely tired.

While tragedy happened when he fell out the window and died, Paul proved the power of GOD by raising him from the dead. The humorous part of the story is Paul now had even more to say.

  • GOD wants me to have an abundant life.
  • GOD wants me to speak about past experiences I’ve had with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to seek new experiences with HIM, telling people about JESUS along the way.


Believing in JESUS is a wonderful start to an abundant life. I mean, it is the belief that changed my life into a person who seeks GOD daily. The rotten situations that I go through turn into testimonies of GOD’s power. I have nothing to brag about, only praise for JESUS who gave me purpose.

  • Do you have an abundant life with GOD?
  • What experiences have you had that people need to hear about?
  • Will you tell people about the situations GOD has brought you through so they can do the same with others?


No comments:

Post a Comment