Friday, September 25, 2020

Compelled and Warned


Acts 20: 22 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

============

Tired of living a lie, I took a deep breath and started telling people about my relationship with JESUS at work. I noticed a freedom I had not felt in years. I started telling “the” truth versus “a” truth. No longer could I settle for spinning bad news into some kind of positive myth.

Many people noticed and like hearing the truth. BUT the SPIRIT warned me there would be wealthy, powerful people who did not like the truth being told. HE prepared me to lose the job.

  • There was a time when I had to say “no more of this.”
  • There was a time when I had to stop cowering and pretending to live for GOD.
  • There was a time when I had to choose who I really served.


Paul spoke to the elders of Ephesus after bypassing their city. He told them of the hardships he faced, speaking about JESUS. He said he was “compelled by the SPRIT” to go to Jerusalem where he would surely face imprisonment. Why would he do that? Because he had purpose.

  • GOD wants me to give my life to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to accept the task of testifying the good news of GOD’s grace.
  • GOD wants me to complete the task the LORD JESUS has given me, namely to tell everyone about HIS death and resurrection to eternal life, saving anyone who believes in HIM.


When my life matters to me more than GOD, then I make fear filled decisions. I say “What if I get hurt?” or “What if I lose my job?” or “What if I am not liked?” GOD is not harsh, HE simply wants dedication to HIS SON who did so much for me that I cannot ever repay HIM.

My life is not “mine” it’s HIS. My family, business, home, friends, neighbors, job and stuff are all HIS. As much as I’d like to hold onto those things, they are HIS to take or expand. True freedom is being able to be led by the HOLY SPIRIT in spreading the news about JESUS. I am grateful GOD thinks enough of me to give me this task.

  • Are you trying to hold onto something?
  • Are your decisions based on fear?
  • Will you allow GOD to guide you into letting go of what you are trying to hold onto; so HE can lead you to the true plan HE has for you, giving you abundant and eternal life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment