Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Make Time


Acts 20: 13 We went on ahead to the ship and sailed for Assos, where we were going to take Paul aboard. He had made this arrangement because he was going there on foot. 14 When he met us at Assos, we took him aboard and went on to Mitylene. 15 The next day we set sail from there and arrived off Chios. The day after that we crossed over to Samos, and on the following day arrived at Miletus. 16 Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus to avoid spending time in the province of Asia, for he was in a hurry to reach Jerusalem, if possible, by the day of Pentecost.

============

Clearing my schedule, I started doing lots of work. Three was a huge event at work that I had to prepare for. I spent a couple of days preparing. I then went to several people to see if I got all the information right. This one day was going to be special because I made time to prepare.

  • I have made time for special events.
  • I have made time for special occasions.
  • I have made time for special celebrations.


Paul was on a mission to make it back to Jerusalem by the day of Pentecost. Perhaps he wanted to be in the place where Peter spoke so powerfully that tongues of fire appeared. Paul reserved time to remember what JESUS did when HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT.

  • GOD wants me to make time for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remember HIM often.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face daily.


Making time for GOD is highly important. Unfortunately, there have been many times when HE has come second or third or tenth in my life. I mean, when it came to listening to someone preach or to set up a convention where tens of thousands would attend, I chose the convention.

People would say, “It’s only that one time” but the next and the next times came quickly. Soon, speaking about GOD was only a distant memory which eventually turned into a “fear of offending someone.” GOD wants me to worship HIM in spirit and truth. I am glad HE is always available to me in prayer.

  • Are you too busy to spend time with GOD?
  • Has GOD called you to do something but you are too busy?
  • Will you make time for GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment