Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Hard Work


Acts 20: 32 “Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing. 34 You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

============

After staying up all night many nights, I finally finished parts of the project that were difficult to complete. The hard work was done. When the project debuted, it was a huge success. Everyone at the convention came to see the shiny new thing. But when approached to feed the homeless I said, “I’m too busy.”

  • There were many times when I was willing to work hard for money.
  • There were many times when I was willing to receive accolades for projects to make others rich.
  • There were many times when I was willing to exhaust myself over pleasing the very wealthy.


Paul was about to reach the conclusion of his plea to the leaders who came to visit him. He committed them to GOD and then told them about his views on serving and money. He let them know he did not desire their money or clothes rather he wanted to serve the weak by hard work.

  • GOD wants me to remember the poor and those who are weak.
  • GOD wants me to seek those who have fallen on hard times.
  • GOD wants me to work hard so I can give to those who are in need.


Remembering those who are in need takes work. I mean, it is easy to work hard for the rich to become rich. BUT GOD wants me to remember why I work hard. HE wants me to remember those who are in need and will remain in need. HE wants me to see people with compassion versus being a problem. I am grateful GOD chose me to be a laborer for HIM.

  • Are you working hard?
  • Do you come home exhausted, never once thinking of someone in need?
  • Will you reserve a small amount of time to think of at least one person who needs something from you today so GOD can be shown through your actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment