Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Missed Because of Purpose

Acts 20: 36 When Paul had finished speaking, he knelt down with all of them and prayed. 37 They all wept as they embraced him and kissed him. 38 What grieved them most was his statement that they would never see his face again. Then they accompanied him to the ship.

============

Looking back, the people I missed the most were those who had integrity. I mean, these were the people who taught me something I still use to this very day. Their selflessness opened my eyes to a whole new way of behavior. I remember them fondly.

  • There were people in my life who had a sense of purpose.
  • There were people in my life who spoke “the” truth versus “a” truth.
  • There were people in my life who taught me to spread the love of JESUS.


Paul finished speaking to the group of leaders who were strong followers of CHRIST and knelt down to pray. They wept because Paul told them they would never see him again. He demonstrated and spoke with integrity about JESUS. Though they grieved, they understood.

  • GOD understands when I grieve over the loss of a person.
  • GOD wants me to live my life with HIS purpose so when HE removes me from people HE sent me to, I would have fulfilled what HE told me to do.
  • GOD want me to point my life to HIS everlasting life so they can have HIS give of love forever.


With JESUS being the purpose of my life, I can fulfill what HE wants me to do with everyone around me. I can also recognize when others are living their life with purpose. Even if we are separated and I cannot see them for a while, I know it will not be forever.

I will have an eternity to spend with those who believe in JESUS and lived their life with purpose. I will miss those who have gone before me, but my grief for them is not forever. I am grateful GOD has put people in my life who have lived for HIS purpose.

  • Are you living your life for GOD’s purpose?
  • Do you want people to miss you or are you preparing them for eternal life with you and JESUS?
  • Will you live your life with purpose that GOD has given you so you can shorten the grief of others if you are separated from them today?

No comments:

Post a Comment