Thursday, October 1, 2020

Connected


Acts 21: After we had torn ourselves away from them, we put out to sea and sailed straight to Kos. The next day we went to Rhodes and from there to Patara. We found a ship crossing over to Phoenicia, went on board and set sail. After sighting Cyprus and passing to the south of it, we sailed on to Syria. We landed at Tyre, where our ship was to unload its cargo. We sought out the disciples there and stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem. When it was time to leave, we left and continued on our way. All of them, including wives and children, accompanied us out of the city, and there on the beach we knelt to pray. After saying goodbye to each other, we went aboard the ship, and they returned home.

============

“Who will I meet and what will I eat?” were the questions that ran through my mind when I ventured on a couple of missions trips in other countries. I was nervous because I never had been out of the country of my birth.

After meeting up with a local church, a guy spoke to me and asked me about JESUS on the first trip. My fears subsided. The same thing happened in other countries on other trips.

  • There were times when I worried about being in a strange place.
  • There were times when I wondered about my comfort.
  • There were times when I felt uncomfortable about speaking to strangers about JESUS.


Paul and the disciples sailed to several ports on the way to Jerusalem, landing in Tyre. There they sought out those who believed in JESUS as their LORD and Savior. Many men, women and children met with them. At the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT they urged Paul not to go to Jerusalem. They were connected enough to speak with wisdom, not fear.

  • GOD wants me to connect with people through the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to serve people based on the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to live my life with purpose based on the HOLY SPIRIT.


Being led by the HOLY SPIRIT means growing GOD’s kingdom versus tearing it down. JESUS died and rose from the dead, sending the HOLY SPIRIT to those who believe in HIM. When I listen to HIM, I get sent to those who need the connection, or who need to guide me in my journey. I am grateful for the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT.

  • Are you connected to GOD’s people through JESUS?
  • Does your life have purpose to do HIS will?
  • Will you accept what GOD is urging you to do and drop your answers to human issues to provide HIS solutions to the problems of others today?


No comments:

Post a Comment