Thursday, October 29, 2020

Tell It

 Tell It

Acts 23: 17 Then Paul called one of the centurions and said, “Take this young man to the commander; he has something to tell him.” 18 So he took him to the commander.

 

The centurion said, “Paul, the prisoner, sent for me and asked me to bring this young man to you because he has something to tell you.”

 

19 The commander took the young man by the hand, drew him aside and asked, “What is it you want to tell me?”

 

20 He said: “Some Jews have agreed to ask you to bring Paul before the Sanhedrin tomorrow on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about him. 21 Don’t give in to them, because more than forty of them are waiting in ambush for him. They have taken an oath not to eat or drink until they have killed him. They are ready now, waiting for your consent to their request.”

22 The commander dismissed the young man with this warning: “Don’t tell anyone that you have reported this to me.”

 

============

 

“Don’t be a tattle-tale” was the unwritten code. In other words, when you see something that is wrong, don’t tell anyone or face the consequences. But when I saw a person I knew about to get beat up, I had to do something. I told on the bully.

 

  • There were times when I had to tell someone about impending injustice.
  • There were times when I had to stand up for someone who couldn’t stand up for themselves.
  • There were times when I had to let others know about the disregard for another person.

 

Paul’s nephew informed him of the plot against him. Paul sent him to the commander to tell the details of the plot. The commander listened to Paul’s nephew and told him not to tell anyone he had reported this to him.

 

  • GOD wants me to know I will be protected when I have to tell about a bully.
  • GOD wants me to know HE sees the bully so I can have courage that I am doing the right thing when I inform others.
  • GOD wants me to know HE does not take injustice lightly.

 

Standing up for someone is not easy. I mean, it seems like I would get in trouble if I told about abuse of power. BUT GOD wants me to worry more about following HIM than of the temporary power the thugs yield.

 

GOD’s power is everlasting. HE wants me to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. HE knows there will be some who will never turn to HIM. Some of those people may even try to recklessly harm others, not knowing their demise. I am grateful GOD enables me to stand firm because of HIS promises to me.

 

  • Do you see injustice but are not doing anything about it?
  • Are you worried about what others will think of you if you told on someone?
  • Will you ask GOD for courage and protection as you speak on “that” person’s behalf today?

No comments:

Post a Comment