Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Able to See

 

Able to See

Acts 22: 12 “A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there. 13 He stood beside me and said, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very moment I was able to see him.

 

14 “Then he said: ‘The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth. 15 You will be his witness to all people of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

 

============

 

Looking at the problem, I could not figure out a solution at all. The problem seemed complicated and the solution seemed even more elusive. When I sat there, I felt lost. I mean, not knowing what was wrong made me feel like I was wandering in the dark.

 

  • There were some problems that I faced that I could not see what the problem was.
  • There were some problems that I encountered where I was blind to coming up with solutions.
  • There were some problems that I endured because I was blind to the fact that I was the problem.

 

Paul explained how JESUS blinded him on the road to Damascus. He then told the angry mob of how Ananias, a devout observer of the law, was sent to him. Paul put in the law comment trying to address the angry Jews. He then explained that Ananias told him to receive his sight and he did. Paul was now able to see physically and spiritually.

 

  • GOD wants me to open the eyes of my heart so I can see HIM regularly.
  • GOD wants me to learn about HIM so I can see the problems HE sees.
  • GOD wants me to experience HIS grace so I can show others the same grace HE showed me.

 

Seeing is important to GOD. Even blind people can see when they know JESUS as their

Savior. I mean, they have insights into the GOD’s kingdom that only come from JESUS. GOD wants me to see HIS power, HIS presence in every situation and HIS patience when I get anxious.

 

“Get up” is the call from GOD when I am down. HE baptizes me and sends me out to call on HIS name for every situation. I am grateful GOD opens my eyes to HIS kingdom daily.

 

  • Are you blind to what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Do you give credit to humans for what GOD is doing?
  • Will you open your eyes to what JESUS has done for you so HE can use your heart to help others see HIM as the Savior today?

No comments:

Post a Comment