Friday, October 23, 2020

Found Out

 

Found Out

Acts 22: 29 Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realized that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains.

 

30 The commander wanted to find out exactly why Paul was being accused by the Jews. So the next day he released him and ordered the chief priests and all the members of the Sanhedrin to assemble. Then he brought Paul and had him stand before them.

 

============

 

Not wanting people to be “offended”, I hid my relationship with JESUS at work. I mean, I worked with people who worshipped other things than the LORD of my life. I hid the relationship so well, I acted like everyone else. When they were mean, lying, undermining, and slanderous, I figured that was just part of “the game.”

 

  • There were times when I hid who GOD wanted me to be.
  • There were times when I denied my relationship with GOD so I would not “offend” anyone.
  • There were times when I felt my godly actions would speak for themselves, but my actions were like everyone else.

 

When the commander found out Paul was a Roman citizen, he put a stop to the interrogation. The soldiers were about to beat Paul, possibly trying to see if he were a spy from some other nation. When the commander found out Paul’s citizenship, he wanted to find out why the leaders of the Jews were accusing him.

 

  • GOD wants people to find out my relationship with JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be overt with my relationship with JESUS so people can find out what salvation means.
  • GOD wants me to be ready with an answer about salvation at a moment’s notice.

 

Shining my “light” and adding “salt” are terms used to mean “let people know.” Light is very distinct when it is dark and salt is very distinct when placed on food. When I hide GOD’s light the darkness prevails around me. When I do not add GOD’s salt, the other flavors of philosophies permeate the meal of life.

 

Fortunately, I only need a little light and salt to make a point. JESUS is my Savior, in HIM I believe. I am glad that is all the light and salt I need.

 

  • Are you hiding your relationship with JESUS?
  • Are you trying to be covert with your relationship with JESUS so you will not “offend” someone?
  • Will you allow people to find out who you really are by telling them your sins and about JESUS who forgave you for your sins today?

No comments:

Post a Comment