Monday, October 19, 2020

Important Assignment

 

Important Assignment

Acts 21: “About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?’

 

“‘Who are you, Lord?’ I asked.

 

“ ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,’ he replied. My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me.

 

10 “‘What shall I do, Lord?’ I asked.

 

“ ‘Get up,’ the Lord said, ‘and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.’ 11 My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me.

 

============

 

When I heard “Do your assignments and bring them back tomorrow” I knew my night of relaxation was gone. Assignment meant homework and this on was long and hard. Why did I have to get a teacher who piled on the homework?

 

There were plenty of times when I did not want an assignment.

There were plenty of times when I wanted to just sit and do nothing.

There were plenty of times when I wanted others to do their assignments and mine too.

 

Paul continued to explain to the angry mob, how he came to do what he was doing. During his recollection, He asked two important questions. “Who are you, LORD?” and “What shall I do, LORD?” JESUS answered by telling Paul he had some assignments to do. Paul gladly wanted the assignments because the alternative was to be blinded by GOD, knowing it was his sins that caused it.

 

GOD wants me to get to know who HE is.

GOD wants me to ask HIM “What do you want me to do, LORD?”

GOD wants me to be open to what ever assignment HE has for me.

 

Being part of GOD’s plan is an honor. I mean HE doesn’t need me to do anything for HIM. HE is all powerful, all seeing and all knowing. No one can beat HIM and HE can handle any situation that arises. YET GOD wants me to be part of HIS plan.

 

HE assigns special tasks to me to reach HIS lost sheep. This means reaching humans who reject being part of HIS family and trying to convince them to stop this rejection and turn back to JESUS. HE is the master and I am the student.  I gladly learn of HIM so I can find rest to my soul.

 

What is your purpose in life?

Do you spend an enormous amount of time on human matters and little time on the kingdom?

Will you accept GOD’s important assignment HE has for you today to reach those only you can reach for HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment