Monday, October 12, 2020

Gift Back

 

Gift Back

Acts 21: 26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

 

============

 

After watching over me, and clearing my path, I was appreciative of him.  He became the CEO, so I couldn’t buy a gift that he didn’t already have. What should I give him? I called and offered myself as service to him and said thank you.

 

  • There have been many people in my life who I cannot repay.
  • There have been many people in my life who have done so much for me that I lost count.
  • There have been many people in my life who have done more than I could ever imagine for me.

 

Paul and the men performed the ritual of purification and the offering atoning for sin. Paul followed the law, but knew that atonement for sin was through JESUS. Paul sacrificed his freedom of not needing to ever sacrifice an animal so he could show others the law was still important.

 

  • GOD wants me to give my life back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to recognize what HE did through JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to see, HE is the one who deserves all the gifts.

 

What do I give JESUS who died for me? I mean, HE owns everything and knows everything and is everywhere? GOD says “Simply believe in JESUS as the one and only Savior.” Is belief enough? YES. That’s all that is required. BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT makes me want to do more.

 

HE leads me to want more of JESUS every day. HE let’s me know that all my sins have been taken care of, and that avoiding sin does not make me clean. Any service or sin avoidance is only to say thank YOU to the one who has it all. I am grateful for what JESUS did for me.

 

  • Is your heart full of worry that your relationship with JESUS is not what it should be?
  • Do you think you should give more or work harder for the gift of salvation?
  • Will you stop trying to work hard to manipulate GOD so you can see HE did everything just for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment