Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Anyone Can Change

 

Anyone Can Change

Acts 22: 17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

 

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ 

 

============

 

Assessing where I was in life, I realized I did not like the location. I mean, I blamed everyone for what happened to me, I lusted and acted on the lust a lot, and while I had a good job, it felt dead end. Something had to change.

 

  • There was a time when I felt trapped by my life.
  • There was a time when I felt things were not going well.
  • There was a time when I felt I had reached the top of my purpose and I hadn’t really gone very far in life.

 

Paul told about a very intimate conversation he had with the LORD. He told the angry crowd about the warning JESUS gave him. In the conversation, Paul made it clear how wrong he had been towards GOD’s true followers. JESUS did something strange after the confession. HE protected Paul and gave him something to do.

 

  • GOD saw my sin before I was born and still rescued me.
  • GOD knew I would not choose HIM yet HE chose me.
  • GOD saw the hurt I would cause others, yet HE protected me and sent me to live for HIS purpose.

 

Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that JESUS forgave me for ALL my sins. I mean, even the sins I returned to over and over? Yes, HE forgave those sins. How about the sins I promised never to do, yet did them again. Yes, HE forgave those sins. How about the BIG sins? Yes, HE forgave those sins too.

 

Big, small, hidden and frequent, JESUS forgives those who believe they need to be forgiven. No matter how often or how big the sin, once I realize I need to be forgiven, JESUS is there. HE cannot wait to forgive me so HE can send me out to tell others. I am grateful for HIS everlasting love and forgiveness.

 

  • Do you think you have sinned too much to be forgiven by JESUS?
  • Are you still wrestling with the need to be forgiven by a higher being?
  • Will you surrender your life to JESUS, letting HIM know you are tired of where you are in life so HE can fill it with HIS purpose through the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment