Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Carried by Enemies

 

Carried by Enemies

Acts 21: 33 The commander came up and arrested him and ordered him to be bound with two chains. Then he asked who he was and what he had done. 34 Some in the crowd shouted one thing and some another, and since the commander could not get at the truth because of the uproar, he ordered that Paul be taken into the barracks. 35 When Paul reached the steps, the violence of the mob was so great he had to be carried by the soldiers. 36 The crowd that followed kept shouting, “Get rid of him!”

 

============

 

Working for a person who did not like me was challenging. I mean he did not like my suggestions, solutions or unfortunately, my skin. I smiled at work daily, but hurt inside. “I’m going to wipe that smile off your face” he said to me one day. It seemed like I had no one in my corner.

 

There were times when it felt like everyone was against me.

There were times when it felt like the crowd was making things up about me.

There were times when it felt like I was being carried by those who hated me.

 

Paul was in a very difficult situation. The Jews, who did not believe JESUS was and is GOD, stirred up the crowd so much that guards had to come. They arrested Paul, but the crowd became even more violent. Paul had to be carried by soldiers to keep him safe.

 

GOD wants me to know HE is the one who is carrying me.

GOD wants me to believe HE is the one who protects me.

GOD wants me to trust in HIM and HIM alone.

 

Being carried by a job or a relative or a business becomes problematic at some point. I mean each of them will fail or have someone in them who will disappoint me. BUT GOD never disappoints me. HE raises my joy in spite of trouble.

 

HE leads me besides still waters and restores my soul. HE leads me in the paths of righteousness for HIS namesake. Even when my enemies, think they are carrying me, HE prepares a table for me that is plentiful. I am glad GOD shows me love. I am now willing to do the same for those who hate me.

 

Do you have people around you who hate you?

Do you feel like you are by yourself even in the crowd?

Will you turn your life over to JESUS so HE will always be with you, so you can begin to pray for those who persecute you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment