Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Not My Will


Acts 21: 12 When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” 14 When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, “The Lord’s will be done.”

15 After this, we started on our way up to Jerusalem. 16 Some of the disciples from Caesarea accompanied us and brought us to the home of Mnason, where we were to stay. He was a man from Cyprus and one of the early disciples.

============

Excited that I was going to finally have sex, I figured out my plan down to the letter. I would “borrow” the car pick up the girl from her house, have sex and go back home. The plan was brilliant. When I asked for the car, I was met with “It needs a new radiator. It’s not going anywhere.”

  • Many times I have been prevented from doing what I wanted to do.
  • Many times my plans have been derailed.
  • Many times my will was pointed in a, not so good, direction.


A huge crowd tried to persuade Paul from going to Jerusalem. When they heard the prophecy of his imprisonment, and knowing what happened to JESUS, they wanted to play it safe. But Paul was not persuaded. He knew he had to lay aside his will and live for GOD.

  • GOD wants me to lay aside my will for HIS.
  • GOD wants me to sacrifice my will and live for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see my will can get in the way of HIS will.


“YOUR will be done”, are hard words to say. I mean, I want to be in control of the situation or get my way. BUT GOD loves when I say and mean those words. When I want to do something sinful and back off because of GOD said not to do it, HE rejoices and rewards me.

HE also loves when I do something HE wants me to do, especially when I don’t want to do it; like apologize first, or give my last dollar to a homeless person or call the lonely even though they have never called me. I am glad to do GOD’s will for it has many rewards.

  • Are you frustrated because you are not getting your way?
  • Do you think your way is aligned to what GOD wants in your life?
  • Will you take a moment and ask GOD to do HIS will in your life even if it means to let go of something precious to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment