Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Watched and Watched Over

 

Watched and Watched Over

Acts 23: 12 The next morning some Jews formed a conspiracy and bound themselves with an oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul. 13 More than forty men were involved in this plot. 14 They went to the chief priests and the elders and said, “We have taken a solemn oath not to eat anything until we have killed Paul. 15 Now then, you and the Sanhedrin petition the commander to bring him before you on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about his case. We are ready to kill him before he gets here.”

 

16 But when the son of Paul’s sister heard of this plot, he went into the barracks and told Paul.

 

============

 

When the driver cut me off, rage filled my mind. I thought of a great idea. I would speed up, get in front of the reckless driver and slam on brakes to scare him or her straight. Brilliant! As I put my plan in motion, I moved to the passing lane, hit a pot hole and blew out a tire.

 

  • There were times when my plots to harm someone, were being watched.
  • There were times when my plots to get back at someone were being seen.
  • There were times when my plots to take justice in my own hands, failed miserably.

 

A small group of forty or more Jews decided to take matters in their own hands. They thought it would be better to go against the law they strictly followed to rid themselves of their problem. They decided to kill Paul and went to the church leaders to bring them into the conspiracy. BUT GOD placed Paul’s nephew close by.

 

  • GOD watches over those whom I plot against.
  • GOD watches over me when people plot against me.
  • GOD watches over the just and the unjust so HE would prefer that I make a choice to watch over people rather than harm them.

 

“MY grace is sufficient” says the LORD. This statement is mind boggling. I mean, HE has grace for those who harm me and for me wanting to harm them back. HE places the HOLY SPIRIT in me as a guide to drop my “rage” and replace it with “right.”

 

When I am guided by the HOLY SPIRIT, I am led to peaceful places. My rage subsides and peace prevails. I am grateful for GOD’s protection.

 

  • Are you harboring bitterness towards someone?
  • Do you think you would feel better if that person were harmed?
  • Will you release your rage and receive peace that only comes from the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment