Monday, September 28, 2020

Serve and Protect


Acts 20: 25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

============

After attending the leadership class, I thought I was ready to lead the department. I mean, I learned skills on how to work with other’s nicely and how to value the opinions of one another.

When the budget meeting came up, the other department leaders acted like voracious wolves, stopping at nothing to get more money and people. “Wait, I thought we were supposed to be nice. Maybe I should be tough like them”

  • There were times when I misinterpreted what a leader should be.
  • There were times when I thought a leader was supposed to build “a” truth for themselves.
  • There were times when I considered lying to others, sabotaging others or protecting “my” ideas so “I” could get credit or noticed.


Paul was making a final plea to the leaders he summoned to meet with. He knew he was called to a place where he might be jailed or killed for speaking about JESUS as LORD and Savior. He gave explicit directions and warnings to the leaders on how to truly lead.

  • GOD wants me to serve others by guarding my own heart with HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to protect HIS flock by explaining JESUS died for all, and those who believe in the need for salvation will be saved through HIM.
  • GOD wants me to watch out for those who will claim to be leaders of the flock, but are really out to protect their status or wallet.


Leading GOD’s people can only be done in Spirit and truth. Unfortunately, there will be many who distort the truth for their convenience. BUT GOD has a remedy. HE revealed just enough of HIS Word for anyone who desires to get to know HIM, to follow.

HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to open my heart and the hearts of those who truly want to follow HIM, to follow the examples of JESUS, knowing HE is the only one who gave HIS “hands” and “feet” on the cross. I am grateful JESUS was and is willing to be the leader of my life.

  • Are you a leader?
  • Do you blame leaders?
  • Will you listen to GOD and become a leader who serves others and protects them with HIS word and the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT today?


No comments:

Post a Comment