Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Cared For


Acts 16: 16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

19 When her owners realized that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities. 20 They brought them before the magistrates and said, “These men are Jews, and are throwing our city into an uproar 21 by advocating customs unlawful for us Romans to accept or practice.”

============

One of my employees was out sick. I called to check in on her to see how she was doing. I mean it was the right thing to do, being her boss. I did this for several of my employees. When I left the company, I lost touch with most of the people.

  • There were times when I did the right thing because of my role.
  • There were times when I cared for people because of my role.
  • There were times when I watched out for people because of my role.


A woman kept following Paul and the disciples. She said the truth about them, stating they were men of the Most High GOD. While this was true, more than likely she did it in a mocking or annoying way.

Paul commanded the spirit to come out of her and she was immediately freed. Her bosses did not like her new freedom. They only cared that she could make them money.

  • GOD wants me to care for people beyond what they can do for me.
  • GOD wants me to care about people even when they cannot return any favors.
  • GOD wants me to care for people, wishing them the best.


Caring for people means going beyond what they can do for me. I mean when I care about the person, I do not need anything from them. GOD wants me to express HIS love regardless of any reciprocation. I am glad HE loves me.

  • Do you have people working for you that you only keep in touch with because or your working relationship?
  • Do you have a lot of acquaintances?
  • Will you allow GOD to speak through you by caring for more people today?


No comments:

Post a Comment