Monday, August 10, 2020

Brightened House


Acts 16: 29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household.

============

“Do you know where the candles are?” a family member asked. I searched and found several candles and stands that were given to us as a gift. Placing the lit candles around the house brightened the darkness. I felt at ease as the storm raged and the power outage persisted.

  • There have been times when I was in the dark.
  • There have been times when I worried about the safety of my family because of the storms.
  • There have been times when I benefited from the gift someone gave our household.


The jailer knew something was different about Paul and Silas. While they were singing, an earthquake shook the doors and chains off the prisoners. The jailer asked “What must I do to be saved?” Paul and Silas gave the answer “Believe in the LORD JESUS and you will be saved – you and your household.”

  • GOD wants me to know HE cares for me.
  • GOD wants me to know HE cares about those who are in my household.
  • GOD wants me to know HE cares about my neighbors, my coworkers, and the people I see when I walk around.


JESUS wants to include entire households in HIS plan of salvation. HE may enlighten one so everyone in the household can believe in HIS saving power. HE fills people with joy when the household is saved. I am grateful GOD wants me and my family to believe.

  • Is your household in darkness?
  • Do you think GOD has left you and your family?
  • Will you seek JESUS as your Savior so you and your household will be saved today?


No comments:

Post a Comment