Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Seeker Help


Acts 17: 24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

============

“Ready or not here I come” I exclaimed. We were playing Hide and Go Seek, and I was the person seeking. I saw a pair of legs behind some bushes. I quietly caught the hider. Now I had some help. This was a fun day!

  • I enjoyed looking for the hidden.
  • I enjoyed seeking those who needed to be found.
  • I enjoyed finding those who were hidden and getting some help to find others.


Paul explained that GOD does not live in manmade buildings, nor does HE need humans to ‘do’ anything for HIM. HE gives everyone life, breath and everything. HE did all of this so humans would seek HIM and perhaps reach out to HIM and find HIM. GOD is always easy to find.

  • GOD wants me to be thankful for everything HE has given me.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful for the life HE breaths through me.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful for JESUS who died for me and is alive providing salvation to those who believe in HIM.


When I complain that someone is not doing their part or are not serving enough, I may not be showing GOD enough appreciation. I mean, when I am thankful, praise comes from my lips. I realize how futile my service really is when I try to serve GOD who needs nothing from me or any human.

GOD is complete. I am thankful that HE takes care of everything. My belief in JESUS makes me complete. Since I am thankful for being complete I seek others who have a sense of emptiness only JESUS can fill. I am grateful GOD allows me to seek HIS sheep.

  • What are you thankful for?
  • Are you seeking inner peace through certain foods, rituals or buildings?
  • Will you seek the Living GOD who provides everything you need to seek others who need HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment