Monday, February 19, 2024

Spoken Ignored

Spoken Ignored

2 Peter 3: They purposely ignore the fact that long ago God gave a command, and the heavens and earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by water, and it was also by water, the water of the flood, that the old world was destroyed. But the heavens and the earth that now exist are being preserved by the same command of God, in order to be destroyed by fire. They are being kept for the day when godless people will be judged and destroyed.

 

============

 

“It is officially Spring” said the news. I had gotten a windbreaker for Christmas and wanted to test what it could do. “Can I please wear my windbreaker” I asked. “No, it’s too cold outside” was the reply. “But it’s Spring” was my counter. “Okay, but wear some warm clothes” was the final statement. I put my windbreaker on top of a long sleeve shirt and walked outside and froze all the way to and from school!

 

  • I ignored the warning because I wanted something else to happen.
  • I paid the consequence because I was not willing to listen to the warning.
  • I wanted my way so badly that I was willing to suffer.

 

Peter continued to give a warning about people who scoff at GOD and HIS commands. He said in the last days, people would make fun of believers of JESUS. He now states that there would be people who will ignore the fact that GOD spoke the world into existence and that same GOD will destroy it because HE cursed it.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD keeps all of HIS promises and HE promised that this world is cursed by HIS own mouth and that it will be destroyed.
  • GOD also promised that only those who believe in HIS SON for salvation, will be saved from HIS wrath.
  • GOD revealed that HE would create a new heaven and a new earth, one with no suffering or tears.

 

GOD has spoken and it’s up to me to listen. But sometimes this is hard for me to do. I mean, when catastrophe happens to me or my family or my neighbors, It is difficult to hear, GOD has a promise for you. That is where the COMFORTER steps in.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT reminds me of how often HE has rescued me from danger and carried me though troubled times. HE increases my awareness that GOD is in control of the situation. People who do not believe will question, scoff and even try to do things with their own power. I am glad GOD has already seen my deliverance into HIS spoken greatness.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer point out the creation and the destruction of the world?
  • Have you ever been told something and ignored it because you wanted something different to happen, but it did not happen the way you wanted?
  • Wil you turn to GOD and listen to HIS spoken words of love by believing in JESUS as your Savior so HE can use your life as a blessing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment