Friday, February 23, 2024

Safe Position

Safe Position

2 Peter 3: 17 But you, my friends, already know this. Be on your guard, then, so that you will not be led away by the errors of lawless people and fall from your safe position. 18 But continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory, now and forever! Amen.

 

============

 

Being accused of being a “goody” I felt I needed to do something. The accusation made me feel like I didn’t fit in. I decided that sex, drunken parties and foul language as humor would make me fit in. When I got in trouble, the people who urged my change for the worse were not around.

 

  • I was doing well then I fell.
  • More problems came from trying to fit in that I thought.
  • I was in worse shape when I fell, because now I had a reputation that did not look so good and I had problems.

 

Peter concludes his short letter with a warning. He tells everyone to “be on your guard” when it came to taking advice from people. There would be those who prescribe things that sound like “fun” on the surface but will ultimately cause problems in life and threaten a good relationship with GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD understands that I am a sinner saved by HIS grace.
  • GOD also is perfect and loves when I follow HIS ways as best I can.
  • Knowing GOD means I know what to stay away from and that I make my life about HIM.

 

People who seek pleasure as their only pursuit will look at the life of the followers of CHRIST as constraining. I mean, when trying to “do good” in life by not partaking in every indulgence that surfaces, people may complain about your life. BUT GOD sees your efforts.

 

HE loves when I can say “No” to the things that would distract me from serving HIM. There is nothing wrong with some of the stuff the world has to off as long as it does not interfere with GOD’s calling on your and my life or cause us to fall into a worse situation. I am glad GOD gives me freedom in HIS framework of love.

 

Challenge

  • What “safe position” is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever fallen and wondered how did you get as low as you got?
  • Will you question your own relationship with GOD to see if you and HIM are in “good” standings according to your own desires today so HE can keep you “safe”?

No comments:

Post a Comment