Monday, February 26, 2024

Complete Joy

Complete Joy

1 John 1: We write to you about the Word of life, which has existed from the very beginning. We have heard it, and we have seen it with our eyes; yes, we have seen it, and our hands have touched it. When this life became visible, we saw it; so we speak of it and tell you about the eternal life which was with the Father and was made known to us. What we have seen and heard we announce to you also, so that you will join with us in the fellowship that we have with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. We write this in order that our joy may be complete.

 

============

 

When the new amusement park opened, everyone asked the same question, “Have you been there yet?” When the family got tickets, I was elated! We went and the experience was amazing! When I got home, I couldn’t wait to tell everyone how great the experience was!

 

  • I was excited, so I wanted to tell everyone.
  • I was amazed, so I described my experience in great detail.
  • I was enamored, so I recommended that if you had not tried it, you should consider it.

 

John, the disciple whom JESUS loved, starts off his letter with amazement! He goes into detail about something that everyone had been waiting on for centuries, namely the arrival of the Messiah. This cure for misery, problems and troubles had been manifested as a human known as JESUS. He then said that sharing this Good News would make his joy complete.

 

My Observations:

  • Good News is not Good News unless it is shared with other people.
  • GOD did something truly amazing by becoming a human, allowing HIMSELF to be murdered by HIS own creation and being raised from the dead to conquer all sins.
  • JESUS is the Word of Life whom I can place my full trust in.

 

Everyone wants to spread some good news, but unfortunately there is a lot of bad news. I mean, when life hits, it seems like there is nothing good to say. BUT GOD loves when I open my mouth to tell others how exciting it is to be saved by the MOST HIGH!

 

GOD wants everyone to be saved and has given you and me the task of spreading the Good News. In spite of trouble, fear and doubt, GOD’s wonderful message of love can ring from my lips. I gladly tell everyone about GOD’s love for me, which is CHRIST JESUS our LORD.

 

Challenge

  • How excited is the writer?
  • Have you ever received some good news and could not wait to tell people about it?
  • How do you feel when you have a lot of bad news?
  • Will you consider how amazing GOD’s love is for you, enough to tell people about it, to encourage someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment