Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Living Inside

Living Inside

1 John 1: Now the message that we have heard from his Son and announce is this: God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him. If, then, we say that we have fellowship with him, yet at the same time live in the darkness, we are lying both in our words and in our actions. But if we live in the light—just as he is in the light—then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from every sin.

 

============

 

Wanting to live outside for a while, I grabbed a blanket from the house to fashion as my tent. I draped it over a clothesline and placed bricks on the edges. “That was easy!” I thought to myself. But then I got hungry and bored. I went back inside and grabbed food from the cabinet and took my favorite comic books outside. But then it threatened rain. I went inside.

 

  • I thought I could live outside by using my wits.
  • I thought I could live outside by my own effort.
  • I thought that I thought of everything to live outside, but I was very mistaken.

 

John poetically describes GOD as light, as told by JESUS. He implies light as knowledge, love, holiness, purity and everything great about GOD. He also implies darkness as misinformed, full of lies, infused with hatred, prideful and everything evil brings. He gives the bad news that living in darkness while thinking we are living in light is a lie.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD has revealed HIS SON JESUS who gave us one command to live by, namely love one another.
  • GOD provides love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control to anyone who believes in the SON for salvation.
  • GOD is the only one who can give our minds rest when all else is turbulent.

 

Living inside of GOD brings shelter from the storm. I mean, when the storms of life hit, GOD can grant me peace that doesn’t make sense. HE can also give me joy when others are looking for happiness and cannot find it. When I try to live outside of GOD I find myself in trouble.

 

“My” plans fail. “My” insecurities grow. “My” lies increase because I may pretend to live inside of GOD, but in fact may be living outside of HIM. Fortunately for me, GOD sees my heart because JESUS died to erase my sins. I am glad I can live inside of GOD because of JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer describe GOD?
  • Have you ever thought you knew something and were far, far from the truth?
  • Have you ever tried to get your own way, knowing that it may bring trouble?
  • Will you consider following GOD’s way by believing you need JESUS to guide you, protect you and grow you inside of HIM so HE can have fellowship with you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment