Thursday, February 29, 2024

Caring

Caring

1 John 2: I am writing this to you, my children, so that you will not sin; but if anyone does sin, we have someone who pleads with the Father on our behalf—Jesus Christ, the righteous one. And Christ himself is the means by which our sins are forgiven, and not our sins only, but also the sins of everyone.

 

============

 

Renting a “wreck” was my best option at the time. I was still in school and had totaled my car, but really wanted to go to a party on another campus. After some reckless driving, I wondered if I could break my record for returning to the campus.

 

  • I treated the car as if it was not mine.
  • I could care less about the maintenance of the car or how clean it was.
  • I did whatever I wanted to do in the car as long as it got me to and from “my” destinations.

 

John shows extreme endearment by calling us his “children.” He makes a gentle appeal to reduce, if not stop, sinning. He gives the warning with some good news, that JESUS would personally plead with the FATHER for even the tiniest of sins.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is perfect and devoid of sin of any kind.
  • GOD requires atonement for each and every sin.
  • JESUS became the payment for any and every sin the world has ever done by dying and being resurrected.

 

Sin makes me care less and less about what GOD wants. I mean, when I sin, I am usually thinking only about myself and what would happen to me. I care less and less about obedience, or giving something precious up that “I” want or serving others when I am blinded by sin. I treat life lie a rental, driving as reckless as I can. BUT GOD has another way.

 

HE is even more gentle than John. HE gently reminds me that HIS way is the best way. HE accepts me with open arms when I come back to HIM. HE then says to me “Go and sin no more”, knowing that sin breaks a great relationship with HIM, even though HE holds onto me. I am glad JESUS is my advocate and I want to do my part by reducing my sin.

 

Challenge

  • What is the tone of the writer?
  • Have you ever done something you felt bad about doing?
  • Have you ever had someone who cared for you, who spoke on your behalf?
  • Will you give your life over to JESUS so HE can become an advocate for you on your behalf today?

No comments:

Post a Comment