Friday, March 1, 2024

Assurance

Assurance

1 John 2: If we obey God's commands, then we are sure that we know him. If we say that we know him, but do not obey his commands, we are liars and there is no truth in us. But if we obey his word, we are the ones whose love for God has really been made perfect. This is how we can be sure that we are in union with God: if we say that we remain in union with God, we should live just as Jesus Christ did.

 

============

 

When the new leader arrived, we were all hesitant to immediately follow. I was a longer hold out, because things had worked well the way they were. But after seeing the new direction, I was able to act differently.

 

  • It took me some time to change.
  • I had to understand the leader.
  • I had to make a change to follow the leader’s ways.

 

John reasons with everyone in a gentle way. He appeals to everyone’s logic to address insecurity some people may have felt. Times may have been difficult and hard to understand. Choosing between sin versus following GOD may have needed to be addressed.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD gave commands to follow so we could have a great relationship with HIM.
  • GOD knows the opposition and confusion I will face because the enemy wants me to become discouraged.
  • By following GOD’s commands, I can be sure that any trouble I face I am in good standings with HIM.

 

Life is difficult enough without having to question if GOD loves me or not. I mean, Satan has been given a short time in which he is allowed to bribe humans, tempt humans and trick humans to follow him. GOD is not worried because JESUS died for the sins of everyone who will accept HIM.

 

By following JESUS, I can have assurance that any difficult time is not punishment, rather it could be an assault from the enemy to keep me from spreading the love of JESUS. I do not have to worry about GOD when I follow HIM. I am glad GOD is gracious even when I question my relationship with HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use “obey” so often?
  • Have you ever wanted to get your own way, even if it was not good for you?
  • Do you have more questions about GOD’s love than answers?
  • Will you get to know who GOD really is by following the ways of JESUS so you can have a solid relationship and gain peace with HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment