Thursday, March 28, 2024

Words of Integrity

 

Words of Integrity

1 John 4: But you belong to God, my children, and have defeated the false prophets, because the Spirit who is in you is more powerful than the spirit in those who belong to the world. Those false prophets speak about matters of the world, and the world listens to them because they belong to the world. But we belong to God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever does not belong to God does not listen to us. This, then, is how we can tell the difference between the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

 

============

 

“Spin” was the word used in explaining a difficult situation in a way that made it look as if the company was not at fault or was not responsible. “You should learn how to spin things” was the statement made to me as advice in the new role I had.

 

  • Something didn’t feel right about “spinning” words.
  • Something inside me said “this is wrong” but “everyone” else said I should go with the new statement.
  • I felt bad delivering the “spin” but eventually got used to it.

 

John attempted to address integrity. He may have seen people who were believers, willing to use the words of the world, instead of using the truth. He may have also seen that people may have been discouraged because some people were not listening to the words of love being presented. He gave believers of JESUS assurance.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s word is made with love for you and me.
  • HE wants us to find HIS lost sheep, so we can bring HIS loving message to them.
  • I have to realize that some people will not listen to the message of GOD because they do not know HIM.

 

When I say “JESUS loves and forgives you” I get a couple of different responses. I mean, one person will not say anything or may even say “get away from me”, while the other may burst into tears of joy and say “Thank YOU LORD.” GOD wants me to seek those who will hear HIS message.

 

This means I have to get used to people who may reject JESUS as their Savior, whether I like it or not. HE doesn’t need me to be heard, because HE is the one who draws people to HIM in the first place. I just need to be ready with HIS message. I am glad people spoke to me about JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What concern so you think the writer was addressing?
  • Have you ever told someone about your belief in JESUS and got an unexpected response?
  • Will you seek those who can hear GOD’s message of love by keeping your integrity, no matter what the world may think today?

No comments:

Post a Comment