Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Repaired and Restored

Repaired and Restored

1 John 3: Let no one deceive you, my children! Whoever does what is right is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. Whoever continues to sin belongs to the Devil, because the Devil has sinned from the very beginning. The Son of God appeared for this very reason, to destroy what the Devil had done.

 

============

 

Walking up to my car, I noticed I could see in one window better than others. As I walked a little closer, I reasoned that I must have left the window down. But when I reached the car, I found my window had been broken out and my tapes were stolen. Yes, I said tapes.

 

  • I wondered why did this happen to “me?”
  • I felt a sense of loss that I could not reconcile, so I became angry.
  • I had spent years collecting the right music for my moods and now they were all gone!

 

John makes an implied appeal to stay firm in doing what is right according to the LORD. He gave a strong reason, namely the Devil came to steal GOD’s people away from HIM. John explains that JESUS appeared specifically to repair what Satan broke and restore humanity.

 

My Observations:

  • At times, the difficulties in life cause me to lose my hope, BUT GOD knows what I go through and always provides a way.
  • Troubles in life are placed in front of me and I have to make a choice to continue to serve GOD or fall to my own sins.
  • JESUS knew I would choose sin, BUT HE died for me anyway and gave me a way to live forever, in spite of my sins.

 

Being repaired and restored is exciting! I mean, when something that is damaged or stolen is repaired or returned, it is exciting to be the benefactor. Unfortunately, we have an adversary who will not give up as easily. He will keep trying to make you and me lose hope in CHRIST. But there is hope.

 

JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me so I would not lose hope. HE opens my eyes to see beyond the trouble of the day, so I can keep doing “what is right” for GOD. CHRIST did not die so mankind would be weak, sick and hurt, rather HE was raised from the dead to repair and restore you and me. I am grateful for HIS love!

 

Challenge

  • What deception could the writer be talking about?
  • Have you ever been tempted to lose hope in JESUS and follow the recommendations of the world?
  • Will you keep doing “what is right” as GOD has laid out HIS plan to you so you will remain in union with HIM today and forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment