Friday, March 15, 2024

Full of Courage

Full of Courage

1 John 2: 28 Yes, my children, remain in union with him, so that when he appears we may be full of courage and need not hide in shame from him on the Day he comes. 29 You know that Christ is righteous; you should know, then, that everyone who does what is right is God's child.

 

============

 

Having told the lie, I did not feel confident in answering any questions. I could be tripped up easily because I made up a convenient story that was not consistent with what I was doing at the time.

 

  • My mind raced as I tried to think of other lies to support the current lie.
  • Blame entered my mind as a possible way out of “my” current lie.
  • After a while, I gave up and said “lying is just too hard too hard to keep up.”

 

John wraps up his discussion about remaining in union with CHRIST. He implies that if we remain in union with JESUS, then when HE returns, we will not be ashamed, but full of courage.

 

My Observations:

  • Confidence comes from staying with GOD, even when things look terrible.
  • Assurance comes from following GOD instead of trying to create my own security blanket.
  • Courage comes from doing “what is right” as GOD has defined it, not humans.

 

Sin makes me question GOD’s love for me. I mean, when I sin and something goes terribly wrong, I wonder if it was the sin that caused the pain. Even though I know I am forgiven, I still feel unstable in my relationship with GOD when blatant sin is in the picture. GOD has another way.

 

HE is not placing extreme pressure on us to be perfect. In fact, HE knew we would not follow HIM, yet JESUS died for humanity anyway. But there are times when GOD sees when you and I do “what is right” and gets excited. I am glad GOD can use sinful people to do HIS marvelous works of love.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer try to make the message precious to everyone?
  • Have you ever questioned GOD’s love for you?
  • Wil you have courage in your relationship with GOD by doing “what is right” so HE can call you HIS child today?

No comments:

Post a Comment