Thursday, March 21, 2024

In the Family

In the Family

1 John 3: Those who are children of God do not continue to sin, for God's very nature is in them; and because God is their Father, they cannot continue to sin. 10 Here is the clear difference between God's children and the Devil's children: those who do not do what is right or do not love others are not God's children.

 

============

 

After playing over a friend’s house I was invited to stay for dinner. Same thing happened at another house. Soon that blossomed into bowling, movies and other events.

 

  • I felt I was part of multiple families.
  • I felt I belonged.
  • I felt I could hear when I was corrected by my adopted parents.

 

John compares two families, GOD’s versus the Devil’s. He gives the criteria for being in GOD’s family first. He says that GOD place HIS very nature inside HIS children. On the other hand, he mentions that those who do not love other people and who do not do what is right are the Devil’s children.

 

My Observations:

  • It is valuable to be in GOD’s family.
  • GOD’s family gives me joy and peace that are in abundant supply.
  • GOD guides me because HE wants me to act like JESUS, who was the ultimate example of love.

 

Being part of a true loving family feels great! I mean, realizing that GOD loves me and wants the best for me really makes me want to do what is right in HIS eyes. Unfortunately, I don’t always want to remain in HIS family.

 

I run away, thinking “I” know what is best for me. Then I face difficulties and have no where to turn. BUT GOD says to me “Turn from your wicked ways and I will hear you and heal your land.” I am glad HE always welcomes me back with open arms.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer only gives two family types?
  • Have you ever felt part of an adopted family?
  • Will you join GOD’s family and follow the ways of JESUS so you can be sure you have a solid relationship HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment