Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Given Another Way

Given Another Way

1 John 3: Whoever sins is guilty of breaking God's law, because sin is a breaking of the law. You know that Christ appeared in order to take away sins,  and that there is no sin in him. So everyone who lives in union with Christ does not continue to sin; but whoever continues to sin has never seen him or known him.

 

============

 

Going on a trip, I set the GPS to provide directions. But when the request to hear a song from another device came up, I switched over and connected to the passenger’s phone. We drove and drove and after a while I questioned why I wasn’t hearing directions. I looked at the GPS and it kept saying “Turn around.” We had driven twenty-five miles in the wrong direction.

 

  • I could not hear which direction I should go.
  • I needed to be on a different path, but had no way to hear what path I should be traveling.
  • There was something that could get me back on the right path when I realized I was going in the wrong direction.

 

At first glance, it sounds like John is about to get harsh. But he is speaking to believers of JESUS, trying to encourage them. He attempts to let them know that JESUS is the only forgiver of sins. John had written earlier in the letter “But if anybody does sin”, knowing humans will sin. He points out that those in union with CHRIST always have a way back to HIM.

 

My Observations:

  • All human made roads lead to death, BUT GOD made a way back to HIM, through CHRIST our LORD and Savior.
  • My past, present and future sins are forgiven by JESUS, but those who choose to not believe in HIM will remain in their sins.
  • Declaring there are other ways to GOD’s grace, does not mean the declaration is true and without consequence.

 

“There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death” is a scary Proverb to me. I mean, sometimes I really, really think I am headed in the right direction by trying to fit into what the world has to offer. Things seem to “go right” for me amongst humans, meanwhile GOD is constantly trying to say to me, “you are on the wrong path.” HE has a remedy.

 

JESUS placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me to let me know when I am headed on the wrong path. HE gently tells me to “turn around” and “follow JESUS’s ways.” HE also begs for my forgiveness because there is no sin in GOD. I am so grateful for CHRIST who loves you and  me dearly.

 

Challenge

  • What logic is the writer trying to address?
  • Have you ever done something that seemed right to you but was very wrong?
  • Will you allow GOD to put you on HIS path so you can go in the successful direction HE has laid out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment