Monday, March 4, 2024

Real Light

Real Light

1 John 2: My dear friends, this command I am writing you is not new; it is the old command, the one you have had from the very beginning. The old command is the message you have already heard. However, the command I now write you is new, because its truth is seen in Christ and also in you. For the darkness is passing away, and the real light is already shining.

 

============

 

Chasing dreams of titles made me think I was heading in the right direction. I got promoted again and again, thinking I was on the right track. I was placed over the nation, but that wasn’t enough. I could see the “light” at the end of the tunnel to obtaining the title that ran the “world” at that company.

 

  • I did not achieve the title and I lost my identity in the chase.
  • I thought being on top was the “light.”
  • I was in darkness, thinking I was chasing the light.

 

John begins a complicated explanation of “real light.” In passages to follow he will go into what JESUS revealed to him. He opens with the introduction of the contrast between fake light and “real light.”

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS is the “Way the Truth and the Life” so I should follow HIM with all my heart.
  • Darkness equates to the ways of the world that cause me to lose sight of the “real light.”
  • In spite of what I can see or cannot see, JESUS is already shining HIS light in the world.

 

The bad news is, darkness exists. I mean, unfortunately for humans, sin was introduced into the world that blinds us from seeing, hearing and loving GOD. The Good News is that JESUS overcame this breach in the relationship by dying for all of our sins.

 

HIS resurrection reopened the door of communication to GOD and humanity now has hope. HE is willing to open the eyes of the lost and wants the best for all who truly seek HIM. I am glad JESUS is the Light of the world and I gratefully will follow HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What fake light does the writer imply?
  • Have you ever tried some ways that were not above the level, like lying or doubting, or slandering?
  • Will you seek the “real light” which is the way of JESUS, who showed HIS love for you and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment