Monday, March 18, 2024

Immeasurable Love

 

Immeasurable Love

1 John 3: See how much the Father has loved us! His love is so great that we are called God's children—and so, in fact, we are. This is why the world does not know us: it has not known God. My dear friends, we are now God's children, but it is not yet clear what we shall become. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he really is. Everyone who has this hope in Christ keeps himself pure, just as Christ is pure.

 

============

 

Teased about my hair, clothes, body size and lack of money, I felt unlovable. There were enough people telling me about what was wrong with me, that soon I wondered if I could ever be “fixed.” “GOD loves you, just as you are” were the words that resonated with me.

 

  • I was relieved that I could be loved.
  • I did not feel I could be loved until I understood what real love looked like.
  • After being rejected by the world, it felt great to be part of a family.

 

John gets excited about telling about GOD’s love. He implies that GOD’s love is so great, that HE can forgive sins and repair broken people by placing them in HIS family. We are then called HIS children.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s love is greater than any human love.
  • GOD’s love is so great that HE wiped away my sins even though I did nothing to deserve HIS grace.
  • GOD’s love is the foundation for human love, because the world’s idea of love is tainted.

 

Measurable love falls short of GOD’s love. I mean, when I say “Remember the time I did…” I am measuring and this falls short of the type of love I really need. GOD’s love is much different. HE saw that I was in trouble and the only way out of my trouble was to die to let me live.

 

JESUS thought nothing of making HIMSELF a human to feel every pain I feel. HE felt the pain of rejection and was murdered, just for me. When HE rose from the dead HE forgave me and adopted me in HIS family., I am glad GOD is not finished with me, but is making me into something great like JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer so excited about?
  • Have you ever felt like you do not quite fit in this place or that place?
  • Will you accept JESUS as your personal Savior, so you can be adopted into HIS family and experience immeasurable love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment